JOB VACANCY / LIGHTING WORKSHOP ASSISTANT
Ross Gardam is seeking a casual or full-time Lighting Workshop Assistant to work with us. The open-plan studio is located in Brunswick, where you will work amongst a passionate team of designers, engineers and makers. We are seeking a hands-on person with great attention to detail and a strong appreciation for design.
The purpose of this position is to assist our production team in the assembly and packaging of high-end lighting products in a workshop environment. This is a hands-on role and will also include electrical wiring and the use of hand tools. The role will involve working alongside others as well as working independently. This is a full time or casual role depending upon applicant
SUITABLE APPLICANTS WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Drivers Licence
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous lighting assembly experience will be highly regarded
- High attention to detail and quality control
- The ability to work in a team and also independently
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within tight time frames
- Inventory Management/Stock Control
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications will be highly regarded
ABOUT THE BUSINESS
Ross Gardam established the contemporary furniture and lighting studio in 2007 with the aim to create quality, original, accessible
design. We offer a collection of internationally acclaimed products, each hand crafted in Melbourne, Australia, by local artisans and manufacturers. All products are designed by Ross Gardam and embody a unique, modern aesthetic.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your application by email to email@example.com (no phone calls please) and include the following:
- Name, email & phone number
- Cover letter outlining why you are interested in the role and what qualities you would bring to the role.
- Resume outlining your previous experience and education
- Earliest availability to start
Applications close Thursday 9th of September, 2021.
**Only applicants with relevant experience will be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be notified by email for interviews.